The Hunter Society's Barbecue, Washboard Suites, and a Showering Pig

HowlSpace Quest 8: A Pig in My Shower – {Interface}: You have received a new message from Billy Bob Bulger.

Billy Bob Bulger: HELP ME!!! {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} Who are you?

·         {Option 2} What is going on?

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 1} The name’s Billy Bob Bulger, but I need your help! {Return to Guest Options}

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 2} There’s a pig in my shower! {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} There’s a pig in your shower?

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 1} An EVIL pig! It’s out to get me, because today is the day for my monthly shower, and I can’t clean myself! And I’m out of deodorant! {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} You only shower once a month?

·         {Option 2} Calm down. What do I need to do?

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 1} It keeps the water bill down, but my neighbors say that I need to shower daily. But then I won’t be able to buy my beer and pie! {Return to Guest Options}

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 2} I apologize, it’s just that this EVIL pig won’t stop showering! But I think I have an idea. I recently got this thing that automates your house called a, what is it called? Hold on. Head on over to my place while I look up this thingy’s name. It’s the house next to the big barbecue on the edge of town. {Go to Objective Screen}

Objective Screen {from Option 2} Go to Billy Bob Bulger’s House at the Hunter Society’s Barbecue. Due to high traffic in this area, please be mindful of your fellow travelers and safely engage in this activity.

The Quick Animal Hunters’ Society has turned the front yard of member Jacob “BBQ” Biggs’ house into a great, big BBQ feast! Once guests pick up their orders from the garage, they can pick their spot on some plastic lawn furniture and chow down on anything from small plates to big rib racks, all featuring Jacob’s signature Howling BBQ Dressing! Guests can choose items such as the Freshly Hunted and Gathered Stew, BBQ Oinks ‘n Tats, Pig Ribs (1/2 or full rack), Roadkill Pothole Pie, No-Kill Jackfruit Slaw, ½ Chicken, and more. Additional seating is available next door behind the ODV Cart Pig Shower Pies.

Hunter Society's Barbecue Costume Design. For this costume design, I wanted to accentuate that this is a community event rather than a formal business, so I opted to take the land general costume and embellish it with an apron and chef's hat. On top of this, I added the organization's name to the apron to accentuate that this is a club running the barbecue, further giving the guests those cues for the story. I'm really happy with the end result, as it gives the experience that homemade feel. 

{Guest} approaches Hunter Society’s Barbecue and confirms.

Billy Bob Bulger: Okay. It’s a Smart Tech Home System by Solarum Industries. I can use it to turn things on and off with my phone. Now what were we talking about? Hold on a second, I think the water’s running. {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} Okay.

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 1} HELP ME!!! {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} Didn’t we already go through this? There’s a pig in your shower. Now what do you need me to do?

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 1} An EVIL pig! Tune into my home tech and get that swine out of my house! {Go to Objective Screen}

Objective Screen {from Option 1} Drive out the EVIL pig using the smart home tech.

{Guest} activates Time Dilation Manipulator and scans house. {Guest} confirms and plays tuning minigame. Completing the game activates lights on the house and opens house interface.

{Guest} selects front porch, which activates lights.

{Guest} selects garage, which activates sound.

{Guest} selects living room, which activates lights and sound.

Billy Bob Bulger: Stop messin’ with my lights and get that pig out of my shower! That EVIL pig!

{Guest} selects bedroom, which activates sound.

{Guest} selects bathroom, which activates lights, sound, and animation.

EVIL Pig: What’s goin’ on with these lights? AHH! The water burns!

Billy Bob Bulger: I’ve got you right there, you EVIL pig! Stop taking a shower!

EVIL Pig: You’ll never stop me! I’m going to be the cleanest pig in town!

Billy Bob Bulger: Just wait! My friend is going to turn off the water, you not-so-filthy pig!

{Guest} selects water controls, activating lights, sound, and animation.

EVIL Pig: Why did you stop my shower!?!

Billy Bob Bulger: So that you’ll get out of town! I’ve been ticketed once for not showering myself, and I’m not goin’ let that happen again!

EVIL Pig: But you can’t stop me, because I’m not really a pig! I’m just a man in a pig costume!

Billy Bob Bulger: What? How did you fit into that costume? And how did you get into my place?

EVIL Pig: Uh, I don’t know.

Billy Bob Bulger: Oh, well. Anyone want some pie?

{End of Animation} {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} Is that all?

·         {Option 2} I could use some pie.

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 1} Yup. My shower’s empty now, but I don’t feel like taking one now. Maybe I’ll wait until tomorrow. Thanks! {Go to Quest Screen}

Billy Bob Bulger: {Option 2} You want some pie? I’m having a bake sale in front of my garage. Enjoy! {Go to Quest Screen}

The pie stand, named Pig Shower Pies, sells off any day-old pie that Billy Bob Bulger couldn't eat in a timely manner. The three flavors available year-round are apple, peach, and lemon. An additional seasonal flavor may or may not be available.

HowlSpace Quest 9: A Warning to All Travelers – {Interface}: You have received a new message from Russel Spectre.

Russel Spectre: I just finished chatting with Connie at the pawn shop, and…the Time Music Tuner? That was not something that I was expecting to hear! So, this is what I was thinking. If the Time Music Tuner possibly tuned into the sound of someone…or something…that knows about Slenderman, it’s possible that this witness of sorts isn’t far away. Based on the recording that you sent me, I’m going to guess that the voice was spectral in nature, so if you circle around the building and see if you can find evidence of any hauntings, let me know and we’ll figure out our next steps. {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} What building in this town ISN’T haunted?

·         {Option 2} Where do you think I should look first?

Russel Spectre: {Option 1} Okay. Are you trying to be smart with me? I know, there are a lot of monsters in town and even more ghosts, but if this was your only lead, you would take it, too. Besides, the gas station on the edge of town would answer your question. {Return to Guest Options}

Russel Spectre: {Option 2} Based on this map of Howling Hollow that I have, try either the bank or the fire station. {Go to Objective Screen}

Objective Screen {from Option 2} Go to Firehouse Snacks and search for ghost from recording.

Outside of the Howling Hollow Firehouse is the small cart Firehouse Snacks. Set up by the town's hazmat team, this state-of-the-art outdoor kitchen sells flaming-hot snacks such as chimichangas, churros, ghost pepper nachos, and other spicy treats.

Sometimes, when the entire fire crew has some free time, they will meet any paying customers and teach them about fire safety in the comedy street show Fire Safety Hijinks! The show begins as three members of the fire crew emerge from the fire station, discussing their training session. They soon set up and begin to teach the tourists about fire safety whilst they amusingly injure each other. However, another firefighter races out to inform the rest of an emergency: someone is on fire! The four firefighters race into action and enlist the audience to help them in figuring out where the fire is coming from. When the audience finally spots smoke, the truth is uncovered: someone couldn't handle the ghost pepper nachos and was smoldering at the mouth. As the firefighters sag is disappointment, the fire chief reminds everyone to only report real emergencies. They head back inside of the fire station.

{Guest} approaches Firehouse Snacks and confirms.

{Guest} activates Camera Scan and scans bank. No ghosts appear. {Guest} scans fire station. A ghost appears in the second-story window. Picture taken.

Russel Spectre: This might be our ghost! See if you can tune in and hear what it’s…uh…saying.

{Guest} activates Time Dilation Manipulator and scans fire station. An anomaly appears over the ghost. {Guest} confirms and plays tuning minigame. Completing the minigame activates animation of ghost in the physical window. App displays audio interference.

Russel Spectre: Are you hearing anything? Record any sounds you hear and send them back to me.

{Guest} activates Sound Recorder. {Guest} confirms and plays wavelength minigame. Completing the minigame plays audio in the app.

Spirit: Master…Spare me…Your lies…Your sorcery…All of it…Lies…Another Time…Beware, Traveler…The Pale Fiend…The Forest…Tendrils of Corruption…Flesh of Undeath…Sophisticated and Barbaric…His Lies…Will Tear…Apart…This Town…

After audio plays, animation in physical window ends.

Russel Spectre: Were you able to get anything? {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} Here’s the audio recording.

Russel Spectre: {Option 1} Now THIS is what I have been looking for! I’ll compare this to the recording you sent me earlier, but I believe that it is a match. Hold on a second. I’m getting a message.

{Interface}: You have received a new message from Howling Hollow Chamber of Commerce.

Howling Hollow Chamber of Commerce: FREE MSG.: Notice: We have received reports of increased paranormal activity in town that could have been triggered by one of today’s tourists. Out of an abundance of caution, if any resident of Howling Hollow spots any individuals who are believed to be manipulating any ghosts, please report them immediately to Sherriff Bubba Barley.

Near this spot is Washboard Suites, home to the restaurant Plate o' Mean Vittles. The owner of Washboard Suites says that his wife makes some mean vittles, and now he’s ready to prove that to the world! Step inside Washboard Suites and head to the hotel’s dining room for some Southern style eating all day long! The owner’s wife is ready to make some food for the hungry travelers, including southern eggs, brisket potatoes, and bread um’ pudding for breakfast, afternoon loaf, chopped beef stew, greens ‘n grains, smashed garden patty, and ham in a loaf for lunch, and full moon burger, full vittles platter, midnight garden bowl, Lycan sausage gumbo, ribs ‘o vittles, and twilight smoked ham for dinner.

Plate o' Mean Vittles/Washboard Suites Costume Design. How do I give the outfit for a hotel dining room employee that Howling Hollow twist? I pulled from a lot of reference material for these designs, including costumes for coffee shops, hotels, smokehouses, Route 66 diners, and more. Ultimately, I ended up drawing heavy inspiration from The Uniform Studio's selection of costume pieces with the colors accentuated to create that haunted diner atmosphere.

{Interface}: You have received a new message from Sherriff Bubba Barley.

Sherriff Bubba Barley: Hey! I know that you helped me with that ghost earlier, so I’d imagine that you know something about the unauthorized temporal manipulations that have been happening recently. Do you? {Go to Next Guest Options}

{Guest Options}:

·         {Option 1} That was me.

·         {Option 2} Nothing at all, officer.

·         {Option 3} Maybe. What have you heard?

Sherriff Bubba Barley: {Option 1} That was you? You do realize that you are in violation of the Ghostly Interference Act of 1991, which is punishable with prison time. I’m sorry, but I’m alerting all police in town to bring you in. It’s one thing to have a smelly pig, it’s another to warp the space-time continuum to communicate with the dead. {Go to Quest Screen}

Sherriff Bubba Barley: {Option 2} I’m glad to hear, {Guest}. Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity, especially since breaking time and space to communicate with the dead is highly illegal. Eyewitnesses have described the perpetrator as looking like this. {Shows User’s Profile Pic} Wait. Is that you? I’m going to have to bring you in for questioning. {Go to Quest Screen}

Sherriff Bubba Barley: {Option 3} According to eyewitness accounts, there have been several breaks in time and space inside of the pawn shop, with another just occurring outside at the fire station. While pictures of the suspect are unusable, witnesses have described someone who looks like this. {Shows User’s Profile Pic} Wait. Is that you? I’m going to have to bring you in for questioning. {Go to Quest Screen}

Comments

Popular Posts